Interested? Sign up to learn more!
The Ohio Association of Career-Technical Superintendents (OACTS) fosters collaboration among Ohio’s 49 Career Center/ Joint Vocational School Superintendents in order to share best practices and to advance quality career-technical education in Ohio. Ohio offers many career-technical options that prepare students for the world of work. This includes Ohio’s joint vocational school districts/ career centers who make up the membership of OACTS.
Our members specialize in career and technical education for both high school students and adults. Throughout Ohio each career center provides middle and high school students the opportunity to participate in skilled training programs and earn certifications. There are a variety of CTE programs, and many of them not only prepare students to enter into a career and for transition into college degree programs.
OACTS also supports the 52 Ohio Technical Centers (OTCs) who provide post-secondary career and technical education (CTE) to adults across Ohio. These institutions offer programming in high demand fields such as health, IT, advanced manufacturing etc. that prepare adult learners for industry-recognized certifications, and state licensures. OTCs are positioned to respond quickly to the needs of business and industry by providing customized training and business consulting services to companies in order to assist with meeting Ohio’s workforce goals.
Our organization builds on partnerships with many different educational entities, businesses, and governmental agencies to foster an understanding of how career-technical and adult education impacts the lives of students and contributes to the workforce of Ohio by supplying skilled workers to help grow Ohio’s economy. Ohio Technical Centers provide customized support to business, industry and government agencies throughout our state. OTCs assure that business gets exactly what is needed from a local, locally-trained, workforce.
As an organization we promote student success and a skilled workforce. Our members are proud of the fact that career-technical education serves all students, recognizing that there are multiple intelligences and that CTE nurtures and inspires students to find their career calling and use their individual gifts and attributes. From students recognized for their scholarship to students who may have dropped out and adults impacted by industry exiting their community – career-tech education serves them all.
- Commitment to ensuring that CTE in Ohio is a recognized, high-quality workforce development system that will provide all learners with the skills and credentials needed for successful careers.
- Continuous development of strong partnerships with business and industry for the purpose of achieving Ohio’s economic prosperity through excellence in career-technical school districts,
- Ongoing communications with legislators throughout Ohio to foster an understanding of how career-technical and adult education impacts the lives of students and contributes to the workforce of Ohio by supplying skilled workers to help grow Ohio’s economy.
- An array of professional development opportunities is available for our membership each year.
- Leadership development for the future is provided through OACTS “New and Aspiring Superintendents Academy “(NASA)